About The Company
Who We Are
Changing Insurance, for good
Building our service has meant we have had to challenge our deepest fears and knowledge pools to battle the convention that exists in the industry and even in our own thought processes.
Despite the progress in disrupting the industry, we remain respectful towards our clients, regulators, service providers, other industry players and the insurance industry as a whole and we understand the responsibility that our product requires.
Askari provides technology solutions to insurers, insurance associations, brokers, governments, pools, re-insurers, banks, risk managers and any organisation that is linked to the insurance industry.
Our products include, aggregator sites, insurance procurement platforms which include policy management, fleet management, claims processing, uploading of due diligence documents and countless insurance related offerings. Together with our sister company Kindle Insurance Technologies, Askari has a solution to any insurance product no matter how complex.
Askari’s responsibility extends to building a business on the guidelines of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. We aim to pay the goodness forward and ensure we leave the world better off than when we found it.
Askari is committed to actively bringing about the 17 sustainable development goals (SDGs) of the United Nations to transform our world.
- 30 Years of financial services and insurance expertise
- Founder of South Africa’s first online stockbroker – Utrade
- Set up Ice Insurance Holdings in 2001 with brother Andrew and created over 100x value in buying, founding, fixing and investing in African insurance enterprises for over 20 years
- Founder of Askari Insurance
Chief Operating Officer
- 26 Years experience in information technology and security
- Managed IT Operations for global Fortune 500 companies across Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Joined Askari in 2013 with implementations of Kiosks, Insuretech and payment systems
Global Programs Director
- 38 Years of corporate insurance experience
- 15 Years working in the international insurance industry
- Founder of a pre loss assesment company which was sold to an international reinsurer
- Worked for international insurance companies and broking companies
- 25 Years in Financial Management
- Business experience in trading, retail, packaging and insurance industries
- Experienced in establishing new businesses and designing financial systems and controls
- Forecasting and project assessment
- 28 years in short term Insurance
- Founder of 4 insurance companies Regal Insurance, Gallant Insurance, Allied Insurance and Sanctuary Insurance
- Founder of Grand Re-Insurance Company
- Chairman of National Bureau of Zimbabwe for 5 years (2013 – 2018)
- Chairman of COMESA Yellow Card Council of Bureau and Management Committee 2x
- Current Vice Chairman of Insurance Council of Zimbabwe (2019 – to-date)
- 11 Years financial services and insurance expertise
- 2011 founded AIB, which is the market leading insurance brokerage operating in Angola, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Tanzania, Mozambique and Mauritius
- AIB services multifunctional companies like BP, Chevron, Total, Glencore and Barrick Gold
- 35 Years insurance experience
- Founder of several insurance businesses globally
- Insurance, buy and build experience
- 2012 formed One Re Limited, an African focussed professional Reinsurer, licensed in the UK and regulated by the PRA
- 2019 sold to DARAG
- Insurance Run-off expertise
Gerhard Du Toit
- 20 Years of experience as CEO of major fintech player
- Acts as management consultant to various African insurers
- Extensive experience in short term, long term and specialist insurance